Alibaba is ready to play with the big boys (we’re looking at you, Tesla). Finally, their first smart car can be pre-ordered after a long year of promises #automagic
The Car’OS RX5 sport utility vehicle was engineered with the help of SAIC Motor Corp., China’s biggest car manufacturer. The car runs YunOS, the operating system that makes every Alibaba product functional, therefore is part of the big ecosystem. The base model costs $22.230 and this is what you can expect from the Chinese titan:
- voice control and navigation tools
- synchronization with Alipay accounts, enabling a user to pay for parking spaces, gasolline and coffee easier
- unique driver profiles called internet IDs that will memorize musical preferences, indoor temperature and favorite restaurants from previous trips
- 3 LED screens and the possibility of attaching up to four 360 degree cameras for video recording or selfies
- open for developers YunOS
If you’ve been expecting such an opportunity for years, then pre-order the car through Tmall. Deliveries will start in August.