With every mobile flagship bragging about dual cameras, AI, 4K recording and such, it’s not easy to find your je-ne-sais-quoi and convince users of it. Yet, when you hear Oppo, you think about the Selfie Expert. There’s no way you don’t associate it with top-notch front cameras and the brand… loves it. Case in point – their latest phone, R15, which pushes the selfie shooter to its limits!
A week ago, Oppo R15 was just a rumor. Now, the specs and official images are out in the open, and we can safely say Oppo went with a trending design, flagship features and let the front camera speak for itself. Underneath a 6.28-inch device with a notch, glass back and metal frame, you’ve got a 20MP front camera with an impressive f/2.0, capable of taking selfies with a bokeh effect. There’s a new AI assistant that adapts the device to your needs and patterns, not the other way around, and face recognition technology for a speedy 0.8s Face Unlock.
The list of specs continues with:
- 6.28″ OLED with 1,080 x 2,280px resolution
- Helio P60 processor with an octa-core CPU
- 16MP Sony IMX519 sensor with f/1.7 lens + 5MP f/2.2 lens (dual camera)
- Portrait mode
- 6GB of RAM + 128GB storage
- 3,450 mAh battery and VOOC charging support
- three colors: Hot Red, Snow White, and Star Purple
The second model, R15 Dream Mirror Edition, sounds more exciting than it is, unfortunately. It boasts the same screen size, notch, 6GB of RAM and 128GB storage, AI software and portrait effects. The only differences are:
- a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset with octa-core Kryo processor
- a better dual camera with 16MP f/1.7 sensor AND 20MP f/1.7 lens
- a new 8MP face portrait mode, whose prowess remains to be seen
- a smaller 3,400 mAh battery with VOOC charging
- two colors only: Dream Red and Ceramic Black
You’ll see them in action starting April 1st, when they debut in China. The Oppo R15 is going to sell for CNY 2,999 ($474), while the special edition one will go for CNY 3,299 ($521).