If we’re to believe the rumors around Xiaomi’s Mobile World Congress lineup, the Xiaomi Mi 7 will come with the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset.
Unfortunately, this means you’ll have to be patient to see the Mi 7 in action because Xiaomi apparently intends to have the spotlight on just the Mi MIX 2s (leaked images here).
The Mi 7 is a Xiaomi flagship that will go up against the iPhone X, OnePlus 5T and, of course, the Samsung Galaxy S9. The image above is an alleged Xiaomi Mi 7 render spotted by AndroidPIT.
According to the leaked specifications posted by Playful Droid, not just the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset packs a punch, but the battery too. Apparently, the Mi 7 battery is 4480 mAh, a huge upgrade from the 3350 mAh capacity of the Mi 6. And that’s saying something since we thought the Mi 6 was a better deal than the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Here are the rest of the Xiaomi Mi 7 leaked specifications:
- 5.65 inch display with Full HD+ resolution (2160 x 1080p)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipsetOcta-core Kryo 385 (4×2.8 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU Adreno 630
- 8 GB RAM
- Primary camera 16mp + 16 mp dual-LED dual-tone flash, 2160p@30fps
- Secondary camera 8 MP, 1080p
- Native storage 128 GB
- MIUI 9 Developer ROM version 8.1.30
- 4480mAH battery
If you’re waiting for an official reveal, that will probably come sometime in May.