Updated on: 5/17/2018
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in different ways when you use one of our Services. For example, we collect information you provide to us when you register for a newsletter, create a user profile, participate in a contest or survey, use our Contact form or otherwise communicate with us.
Such information may include your name, email address, phone number, biographic information, social media handle, social media profile and/or website URL, picture and any other information you choose to provide. We may also obtain information from other sources and add that to the information we collect on our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to certain information from that third party service, such as your name and account information, only in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that particular service.
When you access or use our Services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you use our Services from your computer, we automatically log your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address and approximate location information derived from your IP address, as well as access times, browser type and language, and the website you accessed before using our Services. Additionally, when you access our Services from your mobile device, we may also collect your unique device ID, device maker and model, device IP address, mobile web browser type and version and mobile carrier. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Services.
We may collect information using pixel tags. Pixel tags are small graphic files that may be used on our Services or in our emails. We use pixel tags to collect data about the pages you view, the links you click or other actions taken in connection to our site and Services.
Pixel tags may also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you access the Services. In addition, we may use a suite of other technologies that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
When you access our Services, you may discover links to other websites that we do not control, and the Services may contain videos and other content hosted and served by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third-party.
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- operate and improve our Services;
- provide and deliver services and send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments and inquiries;
- communicate with you about new sweepstakes, contests, surveys and promotions, and other news about products and services offered by Techthelead and our selected partners;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- combine with information obtained from third parties in order to understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- detect and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
HOW DO WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
- with your consent or at your direction;
- with third party consultants and other service providers who are working with our permission and need access to your information to carry out their assignments for us;
- with other companies that we partner with to offer contests, surveys or questionnaires when you opt-in to this type of sharing (for California residents, please see “Your California Privacy Rights” below for more information);
- in response to a request for information if disclosure respects the applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- if we believe your actions are infringing the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of Techthelead or others; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO EUROPE? AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Techthelead is based in Europe and the information we collect is governed by European and local law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to European countries and other states, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
Techthelead takes reasonable measures to protect information we collect about you in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
- Account Information
You may correct, update, or delete your account information at any time by logging into your account or contacting us here firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember that we may retain certain data if it is required by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you delete certain information you may not be able to use our Services in the future without re-submitting that information. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a determined period of time.
- Promotional Communications (Opt-Out Policy)
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Techthelead by following the steps in those emails or by updating your account settings. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as administrative emails or those related to rewards obtained and goods or services you have ordered.
- Your California Privacy Rights
California law allows residents to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make an inquiry, please contact us at email@example.com. However, please remember that under the law, a business is not required to provide this information if it permits California residents to opt-in to, or opt-out of, this type of sharing. Techthelead gives you this alternative option by offering the ability to opt-in to such sharing at the time we collect information about you.
- Children’s Privacy
Our Services are intended for a general audience. They are not intended for and may not be used by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and we do not target the Services to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with such information without their consent, we encourage them to contact us using the information from the Contact page here. We will delete such information from our database as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Your GDPR Rights
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a comprehensive regulation concerning the collection and use of online personal data from residents of the European Union. The GDPR becomes effective May 25, 2018.
If you leave in the European Union, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us here or at the following address:
Calea Mosilor 36 A
Bucharest, RO, 030148