We all know that the gesture of the gift in itself is more important than the gift and, though sometimes we might want to show that we care with something a bit more expensive, we can’t always afford it.
And besides, Christmas doesn’t mean spending all we’ve got. If your wallet’s a bit lighter this year, worry not: we have the perfect tech gift ideas for you, all for under $100.
Affiliate disclosure: We may receive compensation in connection with your purchase of products via links on this page. The compensation received will never influence the content made on this website.
1. The Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker might be the perfect addition to the life of someone who loves to take their music with them everywhere. It offers a crisp, balanced sound and offers up to 6 hours of play time on a single charge.
If you have that one person in your life who you know loves to play entire concerts in the shower, it’s a perfect fit for them too, as the speaker is waterproof from the inside out and can resist dents, cracks and scratches.
2. For the artist you know a Microsoft Surface Pen might be the perfect gift. The pen comes in a number of colors and has 4,096 pressure points that respond instantly to the lightest touch.
It connects via Bluetooth 4.0 and works with apps like OneNote, Adobe Suite, Sketchable, DrawBoard and more.
3. We all know a person who just hoards data: be it documents, music or photographs. You might consider buying them a Western Digital 2TB Portable External Hard Drive.
It has USB 3.0 and 2.0 compatibility and plenty of space to free up some computer space.
4. Netgear is well-known for its WiFi routers so it’s definitely the brand we recommend in case the recipient of your gift-giving was looking for one. The Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Router comes with 450+1300 Mbps speeds, a 1GHz Dual Core Processor and can hold up over 12 WiFi devices.
5. This one is for that friend who loves nature or is, perhaps, just interested in seeing what the critters outside are doing when no one is watching: the Bushnell 12MP Trophy Cam, with a 0.3-second trigger speed and a 12MP HD full-color quality.
6. Don’t worry, we have something for the gamer too: the Logitech G502 HERO Gaming Mouse is the perfect gift for any PC gamer out there.
Not only it has a 16K Sensor but it also offers 11 customizable buttons, RGB lighting and an adjustable weight system.
7. For that person who just can’t get to sleep as easily as everyone else, the Marpac Dohm White Noise Machine might be the right gift.
They can choose between two speeds which create a soothing sound of rushing air without actually disturbing the air and there is also the option of customizing the sound for tone and volume.
8. Do you know someone who loves to sing? Or perhaps is working on a podcast? Then why not get them the Desktop Mini Condenser Microphone from AmazonBasics?
The microphone offers excellent quality for vocals, instruments, podcasts and more and it works with Skype, FaceTime , Twitch and YouTube.
9. A drone for under $100? You bet! The Syma Z1 Foldable Drone is the perfect gift for children or beginners. It can be easily folded, disassembled and packed and it’s perfectly suitable for indoor and outdoor flight.
It has a 720 HD Camera that can take aerial photos and videos and benefits from double protection.
10. If you know someone who wants to get into coding or is curious about it, you can give them the Evo Coding Robot from Ozobot. It can be used by kids as young as 9 years old or complete beginners.
It will arrive alreasy assembled and they can start working on learning how to code via the companion app which will also be unlocking more upgrades as they create and play coding games.
The robot can help them track their STEAM skills, connect with friends and find even more ideas for what they can do with it via the app.