Looking for an entry way into the GFX system without wiping out your savings?
Coming in at $3,999 for the body, it’s almost $2000 cheaper than the GFX 100S, so that’s a significant discount.
For $4000, the GFX 50S II offers you a 51.4 MP CMOS sensor, 1.7x larger than the one in a full frame camera, five-axis in-body image stabilization system to negate up to 6.5 stops of camera shake and an improved autofocus compared to the GFX 50S.
All of that is in a 1.98 pounds body the same size as the more expensive GFX 100s.
Here are the full specs:
- 51MP 44 x 33mm CMOS sensor
- .In-body stabilization offering up to 6.5EV correction
- 3.2″ rear touchscreen with two-axis tilt
- 3.69M dot OLED viewfinder with 0.77x (equiv) magnification
- Top-panel status LCD
- Pixel-shift high-res mode gives 205MP images
- Battery rated to 440 shots per charge (CIPA)
- Full HD video at up to 30p, with headphone and mic sockets
The Fujifilm GFX 50S II will be available starting at the end of September, alongside a 35-70mm F4.5-5.6 retractable zoom lens.
That lens will retail for $1000 when bought separately but, if you get it in a bundle with the 50S II, its price goes down to $500.