PC Gaming Show at E3 is the only place to find games specifically catered to and made for PC-gamers. Given PC has the largest user base, developers can make games in any genre and there will likely be an audience.
Here is everything announced at the PC Gaming Show:
If you had the chance to in school, playing dodgeball was one of those things so many people looked forward to. Dodgeball Academia draws from this feeling to make a game all about becoming the best dodgeball player in school. It’s about balancing the real-time dodgeball… er… dodging and creating relationships around school to recruit players onto your team.
The game releases August 2021.
Hero shooters have proliferated during this generation of gaming, but Rawmen is a little different. Mainly, it uses food as its main weapons. With multiple different chefs, the hero shooter turns into a large food fight. There are seemingly different battle modes that take advantage of its gastronomic theme.
First person shooters and turn-based strategy don’t often go together but Lemnis Gate took on the challenge. Players alternate taking 25-second turns where they attempt to defeat the other player. On each successive turn, players know what happened on the previous turns and can attempt to intercept the previous incarnations of the players. Indeed, it’s about strategizing how to best use the 25 second turns (and previous turns) to your advantage.
Lemnis Gate comes out on August 3rd, 2021 with an open beta in July.
In the wake of a fallen empire, chaos rules as a band of mercenaries roam the land. War Tales tells this medieval open world RPG with grid-based tactical gameplay in 2021.
Ixion received a reveal trailer. The game is a deep settlement management game about maintaining a space station by battling internal and external threats while rescuing those from failed expeditions. The premise of the game, a planned space station that suddenly and dramatically failed, holds a lot of promise. Only time will tell how the game turns out when it launches in 2022.
Other announcements include:
- Naraka Bladepoint – the battle royale game combining samurai and shooter gameplay will have its global launch August 12th.
- Chivalry 2 – the first-person, 64-player Medieval slasher is confirmed to get post launch content updates focused on bringing players to different medieval periods through aesthetics, cosmetics, and different maps.
- Dying Light 2: Stay Human – the zombie-like shooter focused on the aftermath of chemical warfare which turned people into half-living comes out December 7th, 2021.
- Humankind – civilization management, empire building, and battle all out August 17th, 2021.
- They Always Run – this game seems to be a metroidvania/exploration-type game about catching wanted suspects.
- Orcs Must Die 3 – the third game in the 3rd person, hero-based tower defense Orcs Must Die series comes out July 23rd.
- Vampire the Masquerade: Swan Song – according to their official website, three vampires learn to “harness their powers, embrace their desires, and face their demons.”
- Gigabash – a multiplayer arena brawler inspired by fights between Kaijus and heroes.
- Next Space Rebels – build prototype rockets with all sorts of materials, gain popularity on social media for your experiments, and save money in order to get further into space.
- Far: Changing Tides – described as an “atmospheric vehicle adventure,” captain a ship in a world that has been changed irrevocably by a giant flood.
- Lakeburg Legacies – tis take on a town management game focuses a lot on relationship building, specifically marriage, creating a family, etc.
- Killing Floor 2 – a new event comes to the FPS shooter called Interstellar Insanity, which brings a new map – Moonbase – as well as new weapons on June 22nd.
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries – the latest in the MechWarrior series, MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries brings new technologies and system management elements to the table.
- Silt – an underwater exploration game where the protagonist’s ability to control different fish and animals to make it through perilous traps and enemies.
- Hello Neighbor 2 – snooping around a suspicious neighbor’s house starts all over later this year.
- Jurassic World: Evolution 2 – Lead efforts to contain, control dinosaurs all across the world starting in 2021.
- Gloomwood – a new stealth, horror FPS meant to call back to the earlier days of the genre
- Steam Next Fest – not a game, but an event Steam is hosting a few days later with demos for multiple games available, including Sable, Tiny Thor, Undead Citadel, Rogue Lords, Guinea Pig Parkour, Faerie Afterlight, and Grime.
- Soulstice – an action, hack-and-slash game centered around a kingdom in the gripes of battle with fearsome “Wraiths,” comes out in 2022.
- Chaos Gate: Demonhunters – a tactical RPG set in space comes to PC 2022.
- Pioner – a survival FPS MMORPG, Pioner takes players to a Soviet island riddled with some mysterious technological phenomenon.
- EVE Academy – EVE Online is an expansive MMORPG and EVE Academy is an online resource with helps new players make it in the vast world.
- Lumberhill – a mix between a farm and zoo simulator with multiplayer.
- Arbosia – a dynamic rougelike with real-time combat, navigate through Arbosia’s procedurally generated dungeons and mutate yourself to grow strong later in 2021.
- Tinykin – suddenly growing small in a bedroom, use small companions which look to be like dust mites and the environment, to make it through the challenges of being tiny in a giant room.
- Chernobylite – the sci-fi survival horror RPG set broadly in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone will release July 28th, 2021.
- Sacrifire – combining real-time, turn-based combat, and pixel art, Sacrifire releases in 2022.
- Icarus – player v. enemy survival combat in an alien environment, coming August 11th.
- Mechajammer – this RPG is all about survival in a vast cyberpunk, open-world.
- The Wandering Village – a town management simulator, but the town is on top of a large animal who roams among the vast biomes of the world.
- Death Trash – an action RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world with the protagonist trying to heal or destroy this world.
- Songs of Conquest – this game combines town building and grid-based tactical RPG elements together in a quest to build your kingdom.
- Citizen Sleeper – an RPG set in the ruins of intergalactic capitalism where all elements of life seem dictated by dice rolls.
- Project Warlock II – a fast-paced shooter harkening to the likes of Doom and Quake.