Alcatel’s Idol 4 and Idol 4S has given us hope where affordable smartphones are concerned. Unveiled at Mobile World Congress, the two handsets combine impressive, sleek body designs with beautiful displays, rear speakers, expendable storage and some cool accessories that might just make them the best options for their price range.
The hood is made from a metal and glass combo that gives it a really classy look in just 7mm, making it not only good-looking but sleek, too. We can talk about storage (16 GB vs 32 GB for Idol 4S), processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 for Idol 4S), battery (3,000 mAh battery/4S) all day long but let’s just cut to the chase – these were the things that drew our attention:
- boom key: one button to rule them all – opens camera in standby mode, gives your audio system a boost, introduces cool effects in present videos, intensifies 3D parallax effect in the launcher
- gorgeous display: 5.5-inch AMOLED with a Quad HD resolution for Idol 4S and 5.2-inch with 1080p resolution for Idol 4
- expandable storage: microSD slot for cards up to 512 GB
- quality photos: 16 MP/13 MP rear camera with 8MP front-facing cameras
- great audio sound: besides the front-facing speakers, there’s an additional one on the rear that ensures you hear every single sound, no matter where you put the phone
- cool accessories: one pair of JBL earphones aaand a VR headset
If you haven’t caught on yet, this Mobile World Congress edition is all about virtual reality and the ways you can integrate it in your life 😉
Follow TechTheLead on Google News to get the news first.