Apple revealed its 2022 App Store Awards today, a list of the best iPhone apps that demonstrate “abundant possibilities” across the Apple ecosystem.
The list of apps from the 2022 App Store Awards has plenty of cool new iPhone apps you should try but the most significant are the 5 apps Apple chose for the Cultural Impact category.
These are the apps that have the most cultural impact potential and can prove to be valuable tools in the future:
- How We Feel from the How We Feel Project, Inc.
By prompting users to tap into their emotional well-being with the ease of daily check-ins, How We Feel helps users put difficult emotions into words and presents strategies to address these emotions in the moment.
- Dot’s Home from the Rise-Home Stories Project
Dot’s Home spotlights systemic housing injustices and the subsequent impact within communities of color through a compelling and thoughtful time-traveling tale.
- Locket Widget from Locket Labs, Inc.
Allowing users to send live photos right to family and friends’ Home Screen, Locket Widget drives intimate connection between loved ones, free from traditional social media pressures.
- Waterllama from Vitalii Mogylevets
With its colorful design and gentle guidance, Waterllama makes meeting hydration goals fun, using creative challenges, reminders, and cuddly characters to keep users on track.
- Inua – A Story in Ice and Time from ARTE Experience
Inua – A Story in Ice and Time provides an engaging, mystical adventure for users to explore historical events that weave in elements of Inuit traditions, folklore, and breathtaking tales.
And here is the rest of the list of apps and games that received an award from Apple:
The best iPhone apps of 2022
- iPhone App of the Year: BeReal, from BeReal
- iPad App of the Year: GoodNotes 5, from Time Base Technology Limited
- Mac App of the Year: MacFamilyTree 10, from Synium Software GmbH
- Apple TV App of the Year: ViX, from TelevisaUnivision Interactive, Inc.
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Gentler Streak, from Gentler Stories LLC
The best iPhone games of 2022
- iPhone Game of the Year: Apex Legends Mobile, from Electronic Arts
- iPad Game of the Year: Moncage, from X.D. Network Inc.
- Mac Game of the Year: Inscryption, from Devolver
- Apple TV Game of the Year: El Hijo, from HandyGames
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Wylde Flowers, from Studio Drydock Pty Ltd.
- China Game of the Year: League of Legends Esports Manager, from Shenzhen Tencent Tianyou Technology Ltd.
If you’re curious about why Apple considers these as the best iPhone games in 2022, the company explained its reasoning in short in the official press release.
“Apex Legends Mobile brings the fast-paced hit battle royale game to iPhone. Moncage’s memorable puzzles brilliantly play with perspective, and the immersive card battler Inscryption draws players in with experimental storytelling. El Hijo, a Wild West tale, is a smartly designed stealth game that looks exceptional on the big screen with Apple TV. Apple Arcade’s unique life sim Wylde Flowers invites players into its charming world of diverse characters and magical spells, and League of Legends Esports Manager allows players to manage the most influential esports leagues in the world,” said Apple.
We’re definitely adding El Hijo to our list, since Red Dead Redemption 3 is nowhere near in sight!
Also read: iPhone Apps 2022: The Best Apps For iPhone Users
Follow TechTheLead on Google News to get the news first.