UPDATE: Trusted leaker Evan Blass confirmed the official images posted by the website yesterday, in this Twitter post:
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) February 19, 2018
Last week, we reported on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galay S9+ leaked details and now, with MWC 2018 drawing nearer, we’ve got something even better for you. What seem like official press photos of the two highly anticipated Samsung devices have leaked online!
Winfuture.de claims to have gotten their hands on the Samsung Galaxy 9 and 9s official images, along with the specifications. They seem authentic, especially because they match a Reddit user’s hands-on impressions on the Galaxy 9.
Don’t get stuck on the beautiful new color, named Lilac Purple, because the phones’ cameras have so much more to offer! Let’s see the full Galaxy S9 and S9+ specs.
The Galaxy S9 phone comes with a single-lens rear camera with variable aperture – the image below shows images captured at F2.4 and F1.5.
Moreover, the teaser we previously spotted was indeed related to the slow motion feature; the Samsung Galaxy S9 camera is capable of recording video at an amazing 960 FPS
The Samsung Galaxy S9+ combines two 12-megapixel sensors, one of them with variable aperture, the other one with a fixed one at F 2.4. Even better, both sensors use optical image stabilization and a combination of laser and dual-pixel autofocus.
Each phone model will also have an 8 MP front camera with autofocus and an F 1.7 aperture.
At first glance, you’d think the screens are identical but there are a few key differences:
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 has a 5.8 inch SuperAMOLED panel with 2960 x 1440 resolution
- The Samsung Galaxy S9+ ups the ante with a 6.2 inch screen, but maintains the same resolution; there’s also a smaller bottom bezel
This recent leak has confirmed all previous rumors relating to the specs. Besides the ones mentioned before, you have to know that:
- Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ both use a Snapdragon 845 processor in the US and other regions, while the European versions will use the Samsung Exynos 9810
- Both models have 64 GB storage and a MicroSD slot
- Both models offer IP68 water and dust resistance
- The S9 has 4 GB of RAM, while the S9+ offers 6 GB of RAM
- The S9 is powered by a 3000 mAh battery, while the S9+ has a 3500 mAh one
- Samsung is adding AKG-tuned stereo speakers and 3D Emoji