This year, Samsung could finally rise to the occasion and give S9 the ability that S8 lacked. Although Galaxy S8 was rumored to surpass Sony Xperia XZ video recording capabilities and shoot at 1,000fps, in the end the phone didn’t deliver. Well, word is that Galaxy S9 might take that responsibility this February #mobilemagic
The technology is here. Last year, Sony proved it could be done by developing a 3-layer, 1,000fps-shooter CMOS sensor at 1080p resolution. Unfortunately, Sony Xperia XZ stopped shy of that goal, offering 960fps for recording in 720p . Now, Samsung seems adamant to fill that gap in the tech landscape and offer a truly outstanding camera.
— Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile) January 25, 2018
Rumor is Galaxy S9 will launch with a new imaging sensor capable of that performance at an yet unknown resolution. After all, the premium handset is expected to put focus on faster processing when it comes to object recognition and augmented reality. Most probably, it’s going to come face to face with another Sony success, while also competing with the current iPhone X.
Either way, Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will definitely be some of the top releases this year, if you consider the following leaked specs:
- 5.8-inch screen; 6.2-inch screen S9 Plus QHD+ Super AMOLED curved display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Android 8.0 Oreo.
- 4GB/6GB RAM; 6GB RAM for S9 Plus
- 64GB and 128GB variants; 64GB, 128GB and 256GB storage options
- 12MP Dual Pixel camera with OIS (f/1.5, f/2.4); vertical dual rear-facing camera, 8MP front-facing camera
- video recording up to 1000fps HD or up to 60fps UHD at 4K resolution
- dedicated button for Bixby
- wireless charging support
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- built-in FM radio
- improved DeX docking station
- USB-C fast charging
- four available colors: black, gold, blue and purple
Sounds good? What is the one feature you’d want Samsung to bring this year to their premium phone?